Wednesday 15 August 2012

Small steps for big changes

I still remember when I was in form 4 and form 5, everyone in my school was talking about K-Pop. How contagious K-Pop until me myself got infected. The first Korean music video I watched to in my secondary if I'm not mistaken is Timeless. I don't take much attention who was the singer as I just enjoyed the plot in the music video. The video is not like the one that most of K-Pop groups done today. Good choreography, movement and even the outfit. 

After that, I started to listen to Big Bang's songs. I don't know among the premier K-Pop groups, I listened to Big Bang's songs the most. I updated their new songs, download it and replay in my mp3. It just happened so sudden that I didn't realize that I had addicted.

The Korean wave ten continue to infect me. I gave myself a chance to introduce to other K-Pop group such as 2 PM, Beast, CN Blue. You name it. I even updated their stories in blogs.

Not just that, I also watched to Korean drama. Enjoying every episode which can be 20 episodes long. Until now, I still think why I have the time to download the Korean drama. Waiting about 1 hour to complete 1 episode and regularly monitoring the laptop in case the downloading process might crash. Whew~ I could use the time for other purposes.

And I still feel guilty for dragging some of my friends to K-Pop who do not have much interest on K-Pop at first.

Small steps for big changes

**********

But it was a past story. Now I'm not that curious to know about K-Pop music, yet I'm still update a few new songs by Big Bang. I wish I can stop completely.

Maybe because currently they have been a lot of groups are born. 
Maybe I'm tired of listening to something that only comfort my ears but not my soul.
Maybe I feel something is not the right when I just listen to the song without knowing the meaning.
Maybe my mind has started to think why am I idolized their appearances but give nothing beneficial for me.

And maybe He has opened my heart to listen and saying something that is more beneficial to my soul.

Zikrullah.

How has I ruined my life the past few years doing something that does not given 'rewards' and investment for now and hereafter.

"...(iaitu) orang-orang yang beriman dan hati mereka menjadi tenteram dengan mengingati Allah. Ingatlah, hanya dengan mengingati Allah hati menjadi tenteram."
[Ar-Rad : 28]

I hope that He will give me the strengh to istiqamah. Insya-Allah.. Ameen.
Together, let's us strive for Jannah!!

Note to myself.

3 comments:

nobody but me said...

It is so true.
K-Pop nowadays is shitty, I mean it.
I have a lot of K-Pop songs in my laptop, all being downloaded, and I don't listen to them now. But, yeah...every now and then I will still update the song that I feel worth to listen too. Most of them are not worth it though.
But, it is good that you're changing for better. I don't know if I'm changing or not but very so often I listen to nasyeeds now, because they are way better than K-Pop. And start your day with Quran!

May Allah bless your change Amalina.

AmalinaSamar said...

insya-allah sabrina. May this journey be blessed by Him. May He gives me the strength to istiqamah. And let's together we both striving for Jannah. Hee. Insyaalah

Kalau Lah VE boleh, kite pun mesti boleh kan. Happy for his change. Eh, btw, when I heard about Lah and VE, the first thing come to my mind is you, Sabrina! Peminat besar dulu ni. hihi

nobody but me said...

Ye, Amalina. Bila aku tengok dia yang gonjeng2 dulu pun change, aku fikir yg aku pun mesti boleh jugak. Bukan change sbb dia, tp sbb inspirasi yg dia bawak. Aku mmg happy tgk Lah dh change. Bkn Lah je. Ko tau kan Damien VE dh masuk Islam. Dua ke tiga tahun dah rasenye. Nama dia sekarang Damien Mikail. Tp, dia suruh org pggil dia Mikail. Alhamdulillah...moga kita pun akan diberi hidayah Allah utk berubah menjadi yg lebih baik.

Survivor

Aku sendiri pun macam tak percaya, pada tahun 2020, ruang blog ini masih wujud dan bernyawa. I'm glad that 4 years ago, I am still writi...