Monday 24 January 2011

Bath

Sometimes it feels good when you just finished your exam and can keep away all the books for awhile. Packing things to go back tomorrow and enjoying a bit of time during the holiday. I feel free for the time being yet I am thinking how my brain will undergo oxidation. I hope not. At least.

Or may be not..

I got one task to do during the holidays. This may be not compulsory but it is best if I try to join to gain some extra experience.

The University of Bath (Universiti Mandi??) in UK is organizing an innovation competition for the a-level students oversea including Malaysia, Turki, India and China. One place is reserved for each college that takes part in the competition but before that we have to send a poster and write about

How can Chemistry Help in Climate Change?

Sound simple as we compete each other through the idea in the poster regardless how we obtain the info. It can be from the internet or jurnal or whatsoever books and just present the idea in the poster.

But I have not think of any idea yet. Should watch discovery channel to widen the knowledge.

We had attended one workshop organized by the representatives of Bath University that require us to do two experiments. The first one was about biofuel and next was about solar cell. We had a brief explanation about the procedure and the rest we had to conduct the experiment in pairs but of course with the guidance of the representatives (they are lecturers of the university actually)

The 3 hours session was superb. The best part is that we used everyday materials as our sources of energy. We gained a lot of knowledge and learnt much through the experiment.

The experience is much more important. Whoever the winner among the 14 of us does not matter. Besides, this is the chance for us to know what is our own potential and how far we can go.

Past few years, I did not know what is my potential until someone gave me the golden opportunity to find the potential inside me. Even it was nothing to them but it was something to me. Something that I always remember although it was not a great achievement to be proud of but the path that I walk through gave me a meaningful lesson.

Ok, so

How can Chemistry Help in Climate Change?

=.='

No comments:

Survivor

Aku sendiri pun macam tak percaya, pada tahun 2020, ruang blog ini masih wujud dan bernyawa. I'm glad that 4 years ago, I am still writi...